Call To Request A Free Consultation 732-810-0034

Post-Judgment Lawyers in Monmouth County

Making Modifications to Alimony, Child Custody & More

Trying to stay atop alimony and child support payments when your income declines after a divorce can put immense stress on finances. Feeling as if you are not spending a fair amount of time with your child after a separation will put all the more strain on your emotional wellbeing. When you believe there have been changes since your divorce and your agreement cannot and should not be maintained for much longer, it is time to start thinking about how a post-judgment modification can help.

Rozin | Golinder Law and our Monmouth County divorce attorneys are here to make certain you know all about your rights in a post-judgment case. We focus our practice on everything from child custody changes to pursuing a decrease in the alimony you may no longer be able to pay. With our representation, you can be confident on the road ahead.

Request a free case evaluation by calling (732) 810-0034 and asking about how we manage post-judgment modifications.

Why You Should Ask for a Post-Judgment Modification

A court can approve a post-judgment modification if you have experienced significant life changes (a change in circumstances) since your divorce was finalized.

Examples of a significant change in circumstance include:

  • Children are being neglected or are in harm’s way
  • Children’s grades start to suffer
  • A parent is never home during their time with the children
  • The current custody arrangement is no longer in the children’s best interests
  • Job loss
  • Disability, debilitation, or severe illness
  • Retirement
  • Income reduction
  • Ex-spouse’s income increase
  • Ex-spouse remarries
  • Ex-spouse cohabitates with a significant other
  • Necessary childcare costs increase

When you file for a post-judgment modification, the court will be concerned with how significant the change of circumstances you are alleging is. In other words, simply wishing to change your agreement because you no longer like it is not enough.

If the change was not significant, then the petition could be rejected. For example, if your income decreased by 5% or less, it might not be dramatic enough to warrant an increase in the child support you receive. With regards to a modification in custody or parenting time, as always, the court will only rule in your child’s best interests.

Contact an Award-Winning Family Law Team Today

All of the complications that can arise during a post-judgment modification case may feel intimidating. It is the goal of our Monmouth County family lawyers to inspire you to pursue the modifications you require and deserve. With our guidance and advocacy, you can stand up to even the most stubborn of former partners and bring your case to court without worry. We are an investment in your future.

Contact Rozin | Golinder Law at (732) 810-0034 to begin.


Ready to Get Started?

Contact Our Firm Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy