Call To Request A Free Consultation 732-810-0034
Child Relocation

Middlesex County Child Relocation Lawyers

Protect Your Rights as a Parent. Call (732) 810-0034!

When the parent who has custody of their children wants to move to another state, it is normally required that the non-custodial parent consent to the move. Having the guidance of a competent and passionate attorney in East Brunswick can be crucial in taking the proper steps in keeping your children close to you. Rozin | Golinder Law can provide you with sound legal guidance that is designed to help you and your relationship with your children. 

Set up a free consultation with our law firm by calling us at F:P:Site:Phone}. We serve clients throughout Middlesex, Union, Monmouth, and Somerset counties.

Help Providing for Your Children

It can be very important that you, as the custodial parent, relocate to a different area based on reasons that arise after a divorce or separation. If you want to take a job in a different location, are getting remarried, or can no longer afford living in this state, you will generally need to file an application for relocation with the Court.. We can provide you with effective legal representation with the goal of achieving the best results for you and your children.

Factors the Court Consider in Relocation Cases

In the event you wish to relocate with your child the Court will examine the following factors:

  • the reasons given for the move;
  • the reasons given for the opposition;
  • the past history of dealings between the parties insofar as it bears on the reasons advanced by both parties for supporting and opposing the move;
  • whether the child will receive educational, health and leisure opportunities at least equal to what is available here;
  • any special needs or talents of the child that require accommodation and whether such accommodation or its equivalent is available in the new location;
  • whether a visitation and communication schedule can be developed that will allow the noncustodial parent to maintain a full and continuous relationship with the child;
  • the likelihood that the custodial parent will continue to foster the child’s relationship with the noncustodial parent if the move is allowed;
  • the effect of the move on extended family relationships here and in the new location;
  • if the child is of age, his or her preference;
  • whether the child is entering his or her senior year in high school at which point he or she should generally not be moved until graduation without his or her consent;
  • whether the noncustodial parent has the ability to relocate; and
  • any other factor bearing on the child’s interest

Is a Move Planned for Your Children? Contact Our Firm!

When we work with our clients, we are helping them navigate sensitive legal issues at very trying times. We understand how they can be feeling and we want to make sure they receive the peace of mind that comes from understanding legal representation. Rozin | Golinder Law has helped many clients through their divorce and family law issues and we are now ready to help you.

Contact our Middlesex County Lawyers at (732) 810-0034 to learn how we can help you.


Ready to Get Started?

Contact Our Firm Today!

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy