For those with substantial wealth, a special set of circumstances is involved in divorce proceedings in New Jersey. At Rozin | Golinder Law, we possess the experience to work through complicated issues in high net worth divorces and negotiate a fair agreement for you. Our Middlesex County divorce lawyers often work with clients who possess an abundance of marital assets. Our goal is to reach a divorce settlement which protects what you’ve earned and saved, as well as secures you with what you are entitled to according to state law.
Identifying Assets & Hidden Income
Many couples think they have a good idea of what his or her significant other earns. However, many more spouses are surprised to discover that their spouses earn substantially more than what they initially believed. On the other hand, a spouse may not be aware of anyof the income sources his or her spouse may have available to them. There are ways to determine the same if you have an experienced attorney working beside you during your case.
Before the court can make an equitable division of assets and debts, an extensive accounting of the couple’s property and financial holdings might be necessary. Our East Brunswick divorce attorneys work closely with professional experts, such as forensic accountants, economists and tax experts to calculate income, value assets, as well as explain tax consequences and address other financial concerns. We want to be able to give our clients a completel picture of their marital assets so that we may determine all of their legal options in order to obtain the most favorable outcome possible.
Issues Involved in High Net Worth Divorces
High net-worth divorces often involve many issues that demand specialized legal attention. Our team at Rozin | Golinder Law is well-versed in addressing and resolving these complexities:
- Asset Valuation and Division: Accurate valuation of assets is crucial in determining an equitable distribution. We employ a thorough assessment process to ascertain the fair value of properties, investments, businesses, and other assets, ensuring that your financial interests are properly represented.
- Spousal Support: Determining alimony in high net worth divorces requires a nuanced understanding of each party's financial situation. Our legal experts work diligently to secure fair and reasonable spousal support arrangements that consider the standard of living during the marriage and future financial needs.
- Business Ownership: If business interests are at stake, we leverage our expertise in business law to navigate the complexities of ownership, valuation, and potential impact on ongoing operations. We aim to safeguard your business interests while achieving a resolution that aligns with legal standards.
- Tax Implications: High net worth divorces often have significant tax implications. Our legal team collaborates with tax experts to minimize tax liabilities and optimize financial outcomes for our clients.
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements: Reviewing and enforcing prenuptial or postnuptial agreements is common in high net worth divorces. We scrutinize these agreements to ensure their validity and advocate for your interests in accordance with their terms.
How Long Does a High Net Worth Divorce Take?
The duration of a high net worth divorce varies based on the case's complexity, the level of cooperation between parties, and the legal strategies employed. At Rozin | Golinder Law, we focus on achieving efficient resolutions without compromising the thoroughness required in high net worth cases.
While we strive for swift resolutions, the intricacies often necessitate a careful and deliberate approach. Asset valuation, negotiation processes, and court proceedings can extend the timeline. Our commitment is to streamline the process wherever possible while maintaining the integrity of your case.
Call (732) 810-0034 to Discuss Your Legal Options Today
If you are concerned about protecting your financial interests in a high net worth divorce, Rozin | Golinder Law is prepared to protect your rights and best interests. Our firm proudly serves clients across Middlesex, Monmouth, Somerset, and Union counties.
Contact us and schedule a free consultation immediately.