Buying a home is an exciting milestone, but it can also be an overwhelming and nerve-wracking experience. From the paperwork to the negotiations, it’s important to have experienced legal counsel to guide you through the process.
At Rozin | Golinder Law, we understand how stressful this process can be and strive to provide our clients with responsive legal support they can trust. Our experienced real estate closings attorneys will work closely with you through every step of your transaction so that you feel confident that your interests are protected.
Real Estate Closings in New Jersey
Whether you’re buying a home, refinancing an existing loan, or selling property, there are numerous steps that must be taken to properly close the deal. The primary elements of a real estate closing include:
- Title search: A title search is conducted prior to the sale to ensure that all prior liens and claims against the property have been satisfied and discharged. The title search also verifies the legality of the ownership transfer.
- Mortgage documents: During a residential real estate closing, buyers are required to provide all necessary mortgage documents for review. This includes loan applications, appraisal documents, credit reports, income verification statements, and any other relevant paperwork. Refinancing often requires additional paperwork as well.
- Property inspection: A full inspection of the property is typically required to ensure there are no major issues with the structure or land before closing on the sale. This may include termite inspections, water tests, electrical system checks, and more.
- Escrow account: An escrow account is typically established by either the buyer's or seller's lender to hold funds until all conditions of the closing have been met. This ensures that everyone involved in the transaction receives their fair share of profits at closing time.
- Closing costs/fees: As part of a residential real estate transaction or refinance closing, both parties must pay various associated costs such as title searches, inspections fees, recording fees, survey charges, etc.
Trust Rozin | Golinder Law with Your Real Estate Closing in New Jersey
At Rozin | Golinder Law, we provide experienced legal counsel to help guide you through the complex process of real estate closings in New Jersey. Our attorneys understand how stressful this process can be and strive to provide our clients with responsive legal support they can trust. With years of experience handling real estate closings in New Jersey, our attorneys know what it takes to make sure everything is taken care of before closing time, so that the only thing you have to worry about is enjoying your new home.