Buying or selling a home can be an exciting and important step in your life, but it can also be a daunting process, especially if you don’t know what to expect. At Rozin | Golinder Law, we understand how stressful this process can be.
Our team has extensive experience handling residential real estate closings throughout New Jersey. We will work with lenders, title companies, surveyors, and other professionals involved in the purchase or sale of a property to make sure that all aspects of the transaction go smoothly.
How Does a Residential Closing Work?
The residential closing process in New Jersey involves several steps that are necessary to ensure the transaction is legally sound. Here’s an overview of what you can expect:
- Execute a contract - The buyer and seller enter into an agreement outlining the details of the purchase, such as the purchase price, closing date, etc.
- Title search - A title search is conducted to ensure that no liens are attached to the property or any other issues with ownership.
- Obtain financing - If the buyer is obtaining financing for their purchase, they will secure a loan from a lender and submit all required documents.
- Survey the property - The local zoning board will conduct a survey of the property to confirm its boundaries and check for any violations.
- Home inspection - A professional inspector will inspect both the interior and exterior of the home for any health, safety or structural issues that may need addressed before closing day.
- Finalize paperwork – All contracts and documents must be reviewed by both parties’ attorneys before closing day arrives, ensuring that everything is in order. On closing day, all paperwork must be signed by both parties and any funds due must be exchanged before keys are handed over.
Our team at Rozin | Golinder Law is committed to guiding you through every step of the closing process.
Protecting Your Interests from Start to Finish
At Rozin | Golinder Law, we understand both how important and complex the residential real estate closing process can be. Our experienced residential real estate closing attorneys are here to ensure that your rights and interests are protected. With us by your side, you can rest assured knowing that everything is taken care of so you can focus on what matters most - settling into your new home! Rozin | Golinder Law – An Investment In Your Future.